Tuesday, January 28, 2014

REVIEW | ESSENCE GEL TINT IN 01 HOT RED

Hello. Good day to all of you.
My review for today is the Gel Tint in 01 Hot Red by Essence, it's also my first time trying lip gloss in gel. And this line will be out of distribution, as regards in Italy, and it will be discounted starting on February.



DESCRIPTION

Jelly lips! The innovative water-based, jelly formula lightly tints your lips for hours. The specially shaped applicator with a double-ended color reservoir ensures an easy and accurate application. intensive, long-lasting colors attract attention to your lips!


MY OPINION

The product's packaging comes in a plastic tube with a metallic-alike lid, and it is wrapped in a cardboard box. It costs € 2.49 and it contains 5 ml.



The scent is sweet and it tastes like cherry. The texture is jelly and not glossy, it is absorbed easily by the lips, but it doesn't dry your lips. The applicator is not hard nor very soft and when you apply the product, you have to repeat it for twice or even three times because the applicator doesn't spread it well (it's better to use your fingertips).



SWATCH


This is the reason why I said before that you have to apply the tint more than once (or spread the tint on your lips with your fingertips, obviously clean ones ) , as you can see from the image above, in some part there is more tint while in the other there is less.
On the image above I only applied the tint once.


After I wiped the product, you can see that it stained my wrist - it happened on my lips as well. However, the tint may look pigmented to you, it doesn't last long when you wear it while drinking.


WHEN WORN


This is how it looks like with full application. You can see that my lips are dry, I suggest that if you have dry lips or lips that tend to dry easily, it's better to scrub your lips first or apply a lip balm.
Again, the gel tint doesn't dry the lips.


This is how it looks like with gradient application, though I'm not really good in doing it. I can say that this tint is really great with this method of application. With this method, the tint lasts for about 4-5 hours on me.


INGREDIENTS



WILL YOU BUY IT? WOULD YOU RECOMMEND IT TO A FRIEND?

Yes, for gradient lips and not for full application. I want to try also the other shades before they will be all sold out here in Italy.
I recommend this gel tint, especially for those who are unfamiliar with gradient application like me, because this one is easy to use and above all, it's cheap.


RATING


What do you think about this gel tint?
Have you ever tried it yet?



Disclosure statement.
This product was bought by me. No money was given nor accepted for this review. This review is my personal opinion and experience of the product.


post signature