Tuesday, July 16, 2013

REVIEW | DEBORAH MILANO MASCARA BLACK+LONG LIMITED EDITION

Hello lovelies~!
How are you doing? It's been a long time since I wrote my last post (I haven't written any posts for more than a week ). I have been busy with my summer job...taking advantage to earn some money for my graduate degree (if God's will) this coming academic year...
Well, today I'm gonna write my review about one of Deborah Milano: Mascara Black+Long Limited Edition.



DESCRIPTION
Mascara for incredibly long lashes and intensely black thanks to the special Carbon Black. The look becomes so deep, magnetic and seductive. Ophthalmologist tested.

* The absence of fragrance limits the possibility of irritation.

** Clinical-instrumental test on 20 subjects. Average datum detected after application of the product. Mean curvature initial: 120 °.

The packaging is a simple black plastic "bottle". I bought this product because my eyelashes are short and they're really straight - they are pulled down by the Earth's gravity (LOL) - I really wanted to try a mascara that have a lengthening effect.



And this is how the brush looks like:



MY OPINION
I bought this mascara for €5,90 at Coin department store - I think you can also find it at any Deborah Milano's stand in perfumeries and department stores here in Italy, including their flagship store - it contains 9 ml and has a duration of 6 months after the first opening.
Sincerely, I was really expecting that this mascara could give some length to my short lashes...so I tried this consecutively for a month to test if it really works.
I started to use it last May and you can clearly see that my lashes were short (sorry if the image is a little bit blurred - because my hand was a little bit shaky).

And this is the result after a month using this mascara: you can clearly see that my lashes grow a little bit!

The mascara's texture is a little bit watery, but what I like the most is that it doesn't stick the lashes together and it doesn't dry, it stays at its liquid form all day. The thing that I didn't like is that it stained my upper lids - I think this happened because my eyelashes are straight - and it was hard to curl my eyelashes even using a curler. It gives you the effect of false eyelashes when worn; but after wearing it for a of couple weeks, it gave me a more natural look of long and thick lashes.
Though it didn't help me to curl my eyelashes, I really promote this mascara because it really does what it claims!

These are the ingredients:
AQUA, PARAFFIN, CERA CARNAUBA, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRICONTANYL PVP, CERA ALBA, TRIETHANOLAMINE, ACACIA SENEGAL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CANDELILLA CERA, PALMITIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-75 STEARATE, RICINUS COMMUNIS, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, PANTHENOL, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL, UREA, ISODIUM CETYL PHENYL ETHER DISULFONATE, METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, CI 77499, CI 77266


RATING


Visit Deborah Milano website to find out more about this mascara and the other two mascaras that are in limited edition.


Have you ever tried any lengthening mascara before?



Disclosure statement.
This product was bought by me. No money was given nor accepted for this review. This review is my personal opinion and experience of the product.